Girls For A Change - Team U by Kotex




I want girls to know it’s ok to ask questions to get the information they need about their feminine health, so as part of Team U by Kotex and Generation Know, I am supporting Girls For a Change, a national organization that empowers girls to create social change. Growing up, I wasn't taught everything I wanted to know. Here’s what I wish I had learned.

  I have a 14 year old sister who has LOTS of questions regarding her "Girl Health".  She recently asked me an important question about it and I figured I would share it with you guys.  I know some of you have teenage girls as well.....and hopefully you can use these links for info as well!

Not to get "too personal" but recently she asked me if it was true that if you use tampons you are no longer a virgin.

This is an IMPORTANT fact that Kotex wants to get out there.  There are so many MYTHS regarding girl's health.  It is out of control! 

If you decide to use tampons but are not sexually active YES you are still a virgin!  This exact situation happened to me as a teen!  I started my period around 13 and that summer decided to start using tampons as I wanted to go swimming. 

As I got older...and started dating....My mother was "curious" if I was telling her the truth about my dating life.  I was NOT aware of this fact growing up.  My mother took me to the OB-GYN to find out if I was still a virgin.

NEWS FLASH

They couldn't tell because I used tampons.  Do not let other people trick you into thinking you ARE NOT a virgin because of tampons.  Virginity is a very SACRED thing that you should hold onto. 

To read more MYTHS and Join Generation Know yourself

CLICK HERE! 

You can make a change!

*Jenn*



Comments

Popular Posts